Friday, March 8, 2013

Clinging to The Cross

My Clinging Cross

I can now say "I am halfway done" with the bad chemo! I am so thankful that I have made it this far, and as far as the credit for getting here I bestow on our Heavenly Father.  The picture above is of a clinging cross given to me as a gift before I started chemo. The clinging cross for me is symbolic of a life line during the hours I spend in the chemo bed. It is with me through every prick, sickness, or pain encountered in the infusion center, and reminds me of the pain Jesus knowingly chose to endure so I could be forgiven! 

Today I had the realization that although I know I must cling to God during this time, and I feel that He is with me, I am still learning how to make each moment an eternal moment. I am learning how to enjoy peace in His presence, and not be burdened with the inability to rejoin "the busy". There are times I am obviously   thankful for what Cancer has done for my spiritual life, and other moments I so wish to return to the business that is this world. It is a growing process to become aware of how much Cancer can take away from you, and still a joy and heart awakening to be given the opportunity to be allowed the time to do the most fulfilling thing there is in this world..... spending time with God, ensuring my eternity, and clinging to the Cross.

Here is a poem I wrote  about my Clinging Cross 

I cling to the cross with all of my might
Even when my strength is lost and things don't feel right
He is my companion both by day and by night.
Without His loss for me on that cross 
the Light would not be so bright!

Here is the original poem for the Clinging Cross that we give with Clinging Crosses we give to  Cancer Patients through Tenaciously Teal- A Non Profit I founded to help Cancer fighters!


When my mind is fuzzy
And my eyes are dim with tears,
I need to feel Your presence, Lord,
And know that You are near.
When my heart is racing
And my thoughts have such a sting,
I tightly grasp this little cross
And prayerfully I cling.
It's not a magic piece -
This cross Your father planned,
But when I cling to it
I feel Your nail-scarred hand.©
Poem by Jane Davis

6 comments:

  1. Your faith will be a constant aid to your healing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Uncle Lynn! The faith of my family has been an aid to me throughout many trials! Hope your shoulder is doing ok! Love ya

      Delete
  2. I read a verse in the One Year Bible this week that really caught me off guard - and it struck a chord with your beautiful writing. I hope this makes sense, but we'll see - sometimes my brain works backwards! Here it is - Leviticus 26:34-35: (yes, Leviticus the book you only read when you are reading the OYB!) "Than at last the land will ENJOY its neglected Sabbath years as it lies desolate while you are in exile...Then the land will finally rest and enjoy the Sabbaths it missed. As long as the land lies in ruins, it will enjoy the rest you never allowed it to take every seventh year while you lived in it." What an inspiration and hope you are to so many by looking for, finding, and sharing the tiniest of blessings seen in the middle of this journey you didn't choose. Prayers are going up for you all over this country, beautiful girl! Love you, and thanks for reminding me to NOT "rejoin the busy," even in a time of life when it is so easily the default setting. (And sorry in advance if that verse seems weird or didn't quite make the connection - the love is all the same!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha Leviticus! I understand a verse speaking to you in books that you only read when your reading the entire Bible. Last March, as I began my first attempt at reading the entire Bible, I read a verse on Exodus that I felt like God stopped me and said this for you! I was so impacted by it I planted a tree in my backyard and named it Trinity( it has three trunks). It is my continual reminder to enjoy the Sabbaths, to enjoy being with God even when I feel like I'm in the desert. This is definitely a practice, because like you being in the busy drives me:) thanks for the support and encouragement you have shown me during time. Love ya! The verse is Exodus 23:20-22, 25

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep holding my Clinging Cross when I pray. I switch hands, and I hold it in different ways. We're getting comfortable with each other. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy to hear that you are getting comfortable. My favorite is dove up left hand;)

      Delete