Thursday, May 9, 2013

A Day of Gifts and Celebration!

I caught her brushing
her teeth—getting
ready to leave
Hello, Tarah's Daddy writing here...

Marylynn helping Tarah
prepare for the day's infusion
Yesterday was Tarah's last infusion on her last round of the heavy Chemo therapy. It was a day filled with mixed emotions in that we rejoiced that it was the last infusion, but saddened knowing the effect the chemo would have on her. I'll have to admit that seeing her first hand for the first time in many months was a bit tough for this Daddy to see. Cancer is an ugly disease and the cure is almost as bad as the illness. Still, my daughter has plenty of "fight" in her—a characteristic that has served her well these past few months.

Sister, Marla, caring a box of
gift bags into the chemo ward
Tarah and her gift bags ready for
distribution
To celebrate her last day of therapy Tarah, and company put together several gift bags to hand out to all the patients having therapy on that day. In the gifts bags were various items that she found helpful to have while enduring her treatments. It was my honor, with Marylynn, to go around to the various patients and hand out the gift bags. To the person that were all very grateful for Tarah's gift and ask about our daughter and her progress. The entire ward lit up with their smiles. 

Sisters

One of Tarah's nurses
with her flower
Jan, our family friend that
prepared the flower gifts for us.
Along with the gift bags, each nurse received a flower in a vase as an express of our gratitude for the wonderful care they have given her. When I came on the floor, the receptionists quickly ask if I was Tarah's father and then began share with me how much they love and enjoyed my daughter. This theme was repeated by several nurses making similar comments while I was there.

We left that day with a young lady feeling very sick but very grateful to have the worst behind her.

Enjoying a blow of strawberry on the back patio the next morning.
Freshly teal painted toenails ready for the big celebration for Tarah's graduation on Saturday
My entire clan
A Dad could not be more proud.
Silly Sisters
I can't tell you how much Marylynn and I appreciate all of your prayers on Tarah's behalf. I continue to say that we are a family that are riding on the prayers of many people. Our hope and faith is in the loving God that first gave her to us.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful family, beautiful pictures, beautiful story, beautiful witness, beautiful spirit, beautiful, beautiful, beautiful Tarah! You are loved...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see the quiet strength & love of Grandma Husselton shining thru Tarah as she has endured this trial. You have inspired me via the internet so I know in person you would be so bright I would have to wear shades!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have deeply inspired me girl! On the days that I'm just not myself, dealing with physical pain, I think of you and all you have gone thru. God has truly used you to help others!!
    I will continue to uplift you when God brings your name to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rick...you and Marylynn have so much to be proud of and thankful for. Tarah's strength through all of this has been amazing. Her gifts of love spoke volumes to the people who received them. They are an amazing "picture" of the Love of Christ, shown to them by Tarah, in some of her darkest moments. They are also a "reflection" of you and Marylynn...the example you have shown all three of your girls is being "reflected back" in so many ways. They ripple effect of God's love! I wear my "I wear Teal for Tarah" bracelet proudly and pray for her often. I will be praying as she walks across the stage and gets her diploma, declaring her as "Master"!! She is continuing to "master" the art of being a humble servant of HER Master! Blessings of Grace and Peace to all of you!! And I am so blessed to be able to call you friends!!

    ReplyDelete