Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Trust vs. Mistrust

The girls formerly known as "The Green  Girls"
on the back patio today

Life would be much simpler without having to navigate all of the do's and don'ts and why's and why not's that make up the good and bad days of life. Without this complex navigation, however,  life would be somewhat boring, and provide little opportunity for growth and enlightenment.
Through this journey I have tried not only to grow, but look for silver linings. I've learned how to appreciate  good days with much more depth and understanding, and gained a keen awareness about the fragility of this life. 

Today was a mixed day of emotions that reminds me although I have grown in my understanding of my Creator I still need to practice trusting  the One "whose got the whole world in His hands". 
I must resist darkness that tells me "I'm too sick" or makes me question where I am headed. I must trust and cling to The Light during what at times feels like the darkest moments of  life; complicated relationships, stress from life's rigors, and the never ending list of "must dos"

If I had the ability to tell you all something you must do in life it would be this. Trust in a God who created you for something much more than what this life has to offer. Through your trust in Him be confident in your tomorrow, but not overly confident that you become complacent. Take the time to live out your hopes and dreams with reckless abandonment that confirms your Faith in a God who created the stars, and with  detail created you and I. Finally, but most importantly don't forget to Love; love God, love your family, and love to live a life worth exploring.

I am entering the chemo room tomorrow for what is proposed to be my last full day of having chemo pumped into my belly. I await tomorrow with a queasy stomach and sickness that has lingered, but I also await tomorrow with trust. Trust because I have come this far, trust because God loves me, and trust because if all else fails what shall I fear with an eternity in paradise to spend with the one's I love and have yet to love. 

4 comments:

  1. And HE, the mighty creator, is in front of you as you go thru this last full day of chemo! And prayers also go with you to get thru it with a peace, and joy, that only HE gives!! Prayers my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Following your journey Tarah and you are definitely an inspiration. Your posts break my heart at times but I TRULY see God shining through all of your words. Praise the Lord for that. Praying for you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tarah, Hey girl... I don't know if you remember me from high school :) Kate Ridge. I was visiting Diana (Beaman now Ridge) my sister in law in Dallas last week and she told me about you and your story and I HAD to find you and tell you how amazing you are. I am brought to tears by your strength and courage and am truly inspired by this blog posting above especially. Girl keep fighting, my prayers are with you and clearly Big G has got your back!!!! Sending much love and many prayers xoxoxox Kate.

    ReplyDelete